Wednesday 5 September 2012

The first month.

So I *finally* have time to write in this space. Actually it was never about not having time, I've just had so many things to figure out! New place, new people, new atmosphere. I'm used to most of it, but initially you do feel the culture shock. For example, my English, with its own twist of Tamil accent in it has changed to sound more like a North Indian speaking English with its own bits of "na" instead of a "no" like they say it in Chennai. "Eat na, thoda sa!" instead of "Eat some no?"

Plus after coming here, I realized my love for non-vegetarian food. Ufff, how could I ever live on "ghas-poos" for the rest of my life? The mouth watering chicken burger at Snack Point and the Butter Chicken with Butter Naan at Dollops! Too much good stuff to miss out on! Also the KFC over seems to be a little better than any other KFC I've been to!

Too many good things, too much to learn, and we all want to exhaust them all. Its just about the first two months when everything seems so perfect, so wonderful, but once you've been to all the place in a small town, you don't know what to do. Everything is fine until you get into that vicious cycle. Seniors keep saying "Arrey, even we said we'd never touch alcohol and cigarettes, but look at us now!". Very frankly, it freaks me out. But then again, its all in the head. And I know myself well enough to never give into it for such things. In fact, I got a friend here to quit! Don't know how much of a role I played in it, but as long as I've given some bit of sense to someone, it motivates to never let into it either. In the end its all about saying one simple word- NO.

All I can say a month and half later is that I'm loving it. Really really loving it.




No comments:

Post a Comment