Sunday 4 September 2011

Pointless.


Day 9- 2nd September, 2011
So I am back to writing. Please excuse me for the long gap; blame it on the school day, report day and all those school activities. Very frankly, I had almost given up hopes of writing my blog ever again. Yes, you guessed it. Report card day. The freakiest day of the year!
This time, report card day was not AS bad as I thought it would be, but I wouldn’t say it was absolutely harmless. To add to it, I didn’t show my mother the answer sheets before the day of the report card. I didn’t have courage. But then, I thought, what the heck, things can’t go so wrong that she’d kick me out of the house or do something nasty like that. So just before leaving for school, I gathered my answer sheets and arranged it on the dining table. When my mother came back after dropping me, she saw them, and well, she was amused. My mother was more sad than angry, looking at my Chemistry and Math marks.  I hate those two subjects and no matter what I do or how much I study it, I am never able to get the knack for it. It’s been this way for a while so I’ve learnt to deal with it, but my parents can’t stop worrying about my future. I have told them not to worry, but when I think of it myself, I can’t help but wonder what would happen to me if I didn’t get a seat in a medical college. It’s scary, the thought—sitting at home, doing nothing. The best way to deal with it: Leave it aside; at the back of your mind. When the time comes, I’ll know it. (I know, you must be thinking of me as a typically teenager. And no, I don’t mind. I’m just living up to my reputation.)
Next month we go to Ooty and Masinagudi for a week long excursion along with the rest of my classmates.  It should be good, I’m sure. This will be our last one, so it better be good. Post that, we have our Model United Nations- it’s a mock UN assembly where school students represent delegations all over the world. After that comes the dance competition (in which I’m not taking part for very obvious reasons. Literally.) And then (*drumroll*) THE EXAMS. Dhun dhun dhun.
I just spent half an hour writing something so pointless. I was going to write about something and it ended up being something else. Oh well, deal with it. Signing off.

2 comments:

  1. So just before leaving for school, I gathered my answer sheets and arranged it on the dining table.
    - Such a tried & tested formula ... always guaranteed to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yea - by the way - no matter what you do - parents are going to be always worried about you... not much you can do about it - except reassure them from time to time ...

    ReplyDelete