Wednesday 24 August 2011

Veg. Puffs and Spring Rolls


Day 8- 24th August, 2011

This is the second time I’m writing this article. Why? Because I did not save it the last time. Why? Because Venky INTERUPTED just when I was about to save my article.

Ooof. I’ve had such a hectic (not) week. I go to school and find out that we have school day practice the whole day. Since I’m not taking part, all I have to do is sing, sing, and sing some more. This is because the people who are not taking part in the play have to spend their time constructively (yeah, right) practicing for the class 12 invocation. The invocation is something like giving ourselves a farewell. We choose three songs and present it to the audience before the play starts. It’s somewhat like what we did back in 10th grade; but this time some old grumpy Math teacher will not tell us what we’re supposed to sing.

So we chose to do a medley of three songs. I’m Yours by Jason Mraz (I am SICK of that song now), a Hindi song “Koi Kahe” from the movie Dil Chahta Hai (When I found out that we were doing this song, my first reaction was “GAY” with a straight face.) The last song is a Tamil song “Mustafa Mustafa”. I like it. Weird, we sing this song the best. Weird because a majority of the crowd in my class is not a very big fan of anything to do with Hindi/Tamil. They’ll all pretend to be cool with it, but when it comes to pronouncing the words, all you can do is look at them and laugh. (No offence)

Even though we spend the whole day doing nothing (literally), I got to spend some time with Nivikins. We both joined school together back in 8th grade. Just yesterday, we were talking about how everything is coming towards an end in a few months. Before we know it, we’ll be on our own. Before we know it, everyone will be all grown-up. Everyone would have chosen their colleges; everyone would have sorted their lives. But one thing I’m sure of; no matter what, all my friends are going to be as crazy as they are now, even when they’re 80.

Nivikins and I were talking about how we got to experience SO much in Sishya. We laughed, we frowned, and we made friends that we won’t forget for the rest of our lives. I’ll miss all the madness, all the snubbing, all the screaming and shouting in the corridors, all the gossip, all the bullying we did (yeah, we make fun of the snobs around.) Everything. But hey, change is something inevitable, isn’t it? Life must move on. The end of this is only the beginning of something new and probably something better.

Oh and before I forget, I will miss our canteen the most. Especially Rebecca. I think I still owe her 50 bucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment