Monday 8 August 2011

Its STILL Monday.


Day 4: 8th August, 2011

This morning, I wasn’t very sure if I wanted to go to school because of two reasons. First, it’s a Monday. Second, it’s a Monday. I don’t like Mondays; and I’m pretty sure I am not the first one to say that. We had a double period of all the science subjects—that’s a double Chemistry first thing in the morning, followed by double Physics and then double Math. If that wasn’t enough, we had double Biology, but since our school timings have been cut down by an hour to fit in time for school day practice, we missed one of the classes. So that was a relief.

At 12:45, we were done with all our classes. Only god knows how I sat through today, but I remember drooling through Physics. I dare not do something stupid like that in Math or Chemistry, because both the subject teachers are demons in disguise.

When I came downstairs, Akshita asked me if our names were put in for a dance item for the school play. I told her I didn’t know, so we both went and checked it up. We went into the library and asked Arti Ma’am, the coordinator of the play (and also our Principal’s daughter) if she knew about our participation. With the same old irritated expression, she told us to go and find out from another teacher who might know. That lady always manages to turn my mood off. I wonder what she thinks of herself just because she has to take care of certain responsibilities. I mean, I know other teachers who handle harder subjects (Arti takes Value Education, which I don’t consider a subject in the first place) and still maintain their cool; which is why they become popular amongst students. I hope someday she’ll realize that. Anyway, we approached Kothiyal Ma’am, my previous Hindi teacher. Now, though I had a pretty good grip on the language, I never really did well in my exams, and that was her reason to dislike me. One can imagine her as a typical north-Indian aunty, a nosy one. We walked up to her, and asked her if we were a part of the dance she was in charge of. Turns out Akshita’s name was in it, along with Anju and Haresha, two of my other close friends. When Kothiyal ma’am didn’t mention my name, I told her to check for “Devika”. She thought I taunted her, and told me that she knows my name and I don’t need to remind her. That was not needed, really. That made me agitated, and the rest of the day was even more (as me and my friends call it) BLAH.

I came back home at 2:45, and ate some good home made Gujarati Dal and Rice. Ever since I was a kid, I have been a great fan of my grandmother’s Dal. Not just her Dal, whatever she makes is purely delicious. It’s this thing about old people, especially grandparents. They make the best of traditional dishes, and you always compare what your mother makes with what they make. It’s sad because my mother tries so hard to match up to her level. But I guess it just comes with experience. After eating today’s Dal, I think she’s almost there. It was finger lickin’ good, literally.

As soon as I was done eating, the door-bell rang. Turns out it was my Chemistry tuition teacher. He is undoubtedly the most unique and bizarre person I’ve ever met in my entire life. But more on him in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment