Thursday 4 August 2011

Let's get started :)


Day 1:  4th August, 2011

So here we are. Everyone seems to be doing it, so let me try my hand at this. Blogging sounds pretty funky. I saw my friend doing it the other day so I got all inspired and decided to get my own after my exams got over. It got over today! 2 weeks of slogging and sleepless nights (almost). I have no clue how I did, hopefully not as bad as I think. Chemistry will always be a mystery, and Physics will be an even bigger one. But nevertheless, its what I’ve been wanting to do all my life. Wait, no, not really. I never knew wanting to be a doctor involves an equal amount of Physics and Chemistry as Biology back in ninth grade. But its okay, no point whining. Its what I’m going to do for the rest of my life. No turning back.

Besides, I always have a back up- photography. Its an interest I developed just recently (read- very recently). I’ve been clicking pictures about anything and everything, from a leaf to a dragonfly to an ant and even a lizard! Yeah, I must be gutsy. But I don’t find lizards disgusting. I really don’t. They eat butterflies. That’s why they’re so cool. Butterflies suck.

I plan on sharing some of my pictures with you. But before that I must covert it from RAW to JPG. My DSLR is so awesome; it changes its own settings. I must go figure out how it works. That’s going to be a task, alright.

The rest of the day was pretty normal, went for a lunch with Anya to Barista and had cold coffee. Never knew Barista had good stuff. Its actually better than CCD. Oh but on our way, we came across this Video Jockey from a local music channel who walked up to us thinking we were some extra-ordinary girls with an excellent sense of English and asked us with all his attitude “Would you please answer a few questions? We’re from SS Music and we are taking a survey on what the youth thinks about corruption.” I stared at Anya and she stared back, both looking dazed. Anya refused to speak, so I didn’t have much of a choice. I held the mic and blabbered something, I don’t remember. But then the V.J. asked me “And what do you think, how should we punish them?” I said, “Well, um, they have, um, done such nasty things to our country and used all the money for public use...er...I meant personal use. Um. Yeah. I think they should be hanged.” I’m pretty sure I saw a huge grin on his face. I don’t blame him, I was so nervous. But hey, I think I spoke like a total responsible citizen. I mean I really think they should be hanged. Its so easy for them to say “I am not corrupt.” The government gets into it, does some random investigation, and then it just dies out. It really gets on my nerves when I see politicians going on about how they are doing everything to stop corruption and how they plan on getting the money back from Swiss bank. ( Haha, what a coincidence; just when I typed the previous sentence “Shut Up” by Black Eyed Peas started playing on my iPod ). Least do they mean anything they say. If only our so-called “authorities” had the guts, if even one of the corrupt officials was giving a death sentence, it would serve as an example for the rest.

Anya and I entered Barista and ordered a three course meal. A cold coffee for me, and a Chicken Tikka Sandwich, Strawberry Milkshake, and Chocolate Cake for Anya. Ironic, I am way more huge than she is. She can be compared to the size of a stick. Its unfair. Life is unfair.


Well, enough of typing and philosophy for a day. See y’all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment