Friday 5 August 2011

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara!



Day 2: 5th August, 2011

“I could go back to every laugh,
But I don't wanna' go there anymore,
And I know all the steps up to your door,
But I don't wanna' go there anymore.

Talk to the wind, talk to the sky,
Talk to the man with the reasons why,
And let me know what you find.

I’ll leave my window open,
‘Cause I’m too tired at night to call your name.
Just know I’m right here hopin’,
That you’ll come in with the rain.”


Taylor Swift. That girl with a smooth, country voice, can make me feel good at any time of the day. I got back home and switched on the internet as soon as I came so I could listen to Taylor’s latest which my friends had been talking about at school. It was followed by a few words of anger by my mother. She has a problem with me using the internet, period. What’s weird is, I am on it all the time through HER phone. But I don’t blame her; she barely knows how to use her phone apart from calling. It’s cute to see her figure out how the whole world of messaging works, though it invariably happens that I am the one to type the message and send it. Just today, she wanted to tell the man from a nearby grocery store to send some groceries. 15 minutes. 15 minutes to type “Pls brng 2 kg dal nd 2 pckts milk”. I acted like the perfect mentor and refused help when she almost gave up. I said, quite sternly, “What’s the point if I do it now? You have already wasted 10 minutes; you might as well do the whole thing!” She gave me a smile and typed the message. That man came after an hour to deliver the groceries.


Today was a pretty dull day at school. After two weeks of no classes, it was a little odd to sit through 40 minutes of Chemistry and an hour of Math at a stretch. We got to leave only at 1:45, by the time we were completely exhausted.

Throughout the day, Aishwarya and Anya went on about how awesome Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara was and I felt even more tempted to watch it. I had planned on watching it first day first show, but the idea somehow got pushed to the back of my mind because of exams. I hate it when that happens; I hate it when exams come in between me and Hrithik Roshan/ Farhan Akhtar movies. Not that I’m a big fan, I just think they are really good at what they do.

Aishwarya sang “Senorita” the whole day as if to make me ask her how the movie was. So I finally asked her a more detailed description of it. “AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! You cannot miss this one!” she said. I then asked her a rather icky question. “Are there any…uhm…scenes?” “No. Not really. Hrithik and Katrina kiss, though, but it’s only for 3 seconds.” She counted, I thought. I have to find out such details before I go for a movie with my mother, just so I don’t get into awkward situations. My mother is not very cool about this, and I understand.

But then I thought it would be stupid to ditch such a good movie for 3 seconds of discomfort. As soon as I got back, I switched on the internet and while I waited for Taylor’s song to load, I went on the Sathyam website to book tickets. The site was down for maintenance. Excellent timing.

I did book tickets though. For Monday. In Inox. That’s three days from now. Brilliant.



1 comment:

  1. My dear ... Mothers & Technology have something against each other ... My mom still thinks - there is a sheet of paper inside the Computer Monitor - and we are actually typing on it ... I have stopped trying to explaining ...

    ReplyDelete